The first was Saturday with Corey Carroll and Jeff Martin out to the end of High Mountain Road. Nice little coffee at Five Cities Starbucks BEFORE the ride (I love it!) then a nice pace out and back. No breakaways, but good solid riding together. Some great prayer at the turnaround and then we worked together on the way back, taking turns at the pull. Good times. My odo showed 46.
The second was out to Huasna with Doc Morton. My first time out there. Beautiful gentle ascent with a just a couple steeper climbs. The first time I've felt really good on the bike in a long, long time. The Rabbit was back to his old tricks, but just a bit. Doc was telling stories, pointing out dinos and wild pigs along the way. Pounded together on the way, 25 - 35 most of the way. I had 45, and Doc had 75.
(Doc, by the way, is riding longer and harder than all of us right now. He won't tell you, but I will. He did 75 by himself on Friday morning. The guy is solid and consistent. He will just grind out the miles, with or without the rest of us.)
Thanks for the ride, boys. I can't do tomorrow, because Gib is coming to give the boat a once over, but I'm shooting for Thursday morning, if it works for anyone.
1 comment:
lookin good lookin good! sneaker madness happenin to me too.
Post a Comment