First, both Tim and Sean must shave down this evening. Prefer they get their wives to help and not rely on the buddy system. Get out the vacuum cleaner when you are done cause you guys are bushy for sure!
Next, and this is for the rabbit, group rides mean group rides. Don't go off the front cause in my former circles, you would be heavily dealt with! Hey, but at least the Rabbit shows up for the group ride so he gets full respect and credit...
On with the Road Rules:
1. Thou shalt be on time and properly hydrated and fed so as to avoid having someone carry you home.
2. Thou shalt have at least 4 pieces of feed or say at least feed for every 30 minutes of this adventure starting after the first hour of riding. Both bottles (yes both) full and tall with water in one and supplement in the other. No camelbacks allowed!
3. Thou shalt bring their own road supplies including tubes and air!
4. Thou shalt head out on a reasonable build up pace in formation of 2x and shall have a pleasing conversation lead by Jens. Conversation at 18-20 mph is a nice start. Stay tight, don't wobble, and by all means don't take out anyone in the process. It should appear a neat paceline without heavy accelerations, abrupt slows, and otherwise erratic riding. Be smooth my brothers...
5. Thou shalt give courtesy to the previous folks giving pull when passing and shall not accelerate but allow them to easily jump on and enjoy the pull!
6. Thou shalt give hazards signs or at the very least verbalize any hazards otherwise coming ahead. A simple point to the ground suffices!
7. Thou shalt stay a reasonable pace to the climb and kindly build up as it progresses and kindly say to your pals Witch and Jens - "see you at the top"!
8. When riding tempo on the Templeton rollers, thou shall not attack under any circumstances. Thou shalt give courtesy to your fellow Onesource pal who may or may not be suffering.
9. Thou shalt remember to eat!
10. Thou shalt cool down on the way in and look like a group of experienced roadies and not a bunch of hacks causing an accordion effect in the group!
Having some fun on this. Should you fail to follow the above commandments, I plan to make a call to Lieutenant Chris Black and let him know we have some road enforcement to do. The punishment will be severe. Jens I'm sure knows what I mean in this regard.
Enjoy - I'm kinda feeling like one of those teenage pageant parents in this. Yuk, Yuk!
Have a great ride my friends. Who wants to join me on a Black Mountain Ride in a few weeks leaving from SLO!
8 comments:
Father Euro gives very wise counsel. The wisdom and knowledge in this post usually takes years to accumulate. A post that deserves must read status for wannabe roadies. See you all at 6, looking forward to a great ride.
I now petition an official name change for the "Ghost/Euro". I believe "Coach" is the right name for Mr. Martin. This post screams it doesnt it?
Great Post Jeff! Way to keep us in line. I am in for your Black Mountain ride. Does it need to be on a weekend? Or are you going to join us on a morning ride?
Haha hairless rabbit, that'll be great! The quote from the ride yesterday to rabbit was "you're such a roadie." haha, thanks Coach for the insight, wanna give me some pre race pointers sometime?
Hey Coach.....
Please don't call Chris Black!!!! I finally kicked him out of the office and he hurt my feelings when I saw him at Sea Otter.
He made fun of my baggy shirt and gels taped to my frame.... I was in tears while at the starting line awaiting my race!!
I am grasshopper . . .
I think we have our first Must Read Post and it should be retitled "The 10 Commandments of the Road"
I'll let "Coach" retitle if he feels so lead.
The law is a taskmaster to lead us to grace. We can't keep it, but Jens and Coach do and will on our behalf. :)
all I know is that my head is spinning with all the blogging activity! Great comments 'coach' Sounds like a great ride to black mountain. I would like to think I could make it from SLO, but....
no idea where black mountain is but i'm in.
Post a Comment