Got an 11:00 text from Torque that his wife was puking, so he was "iffy."
Arrived at 6:20 and parked in the lot on High Mountain Road, because I'm cheap and didn't want to pay the $7 parking fee. Rolled into the parking lot at 6:30 on the nose and waited. . . . and waited. . . .
and waited . . .
No one showed! What's up with that? (I'm not bitter. I'm really not. Honest.)
So I headed out all by my lonesome. Did the campground loop and then headed out the long grind climb to the lookout. On the way back, climbed a crazy steep fire road off the dirt road. Finished with a reverse campground loop.
It was beautiful. IT WAS COLD. It was sticky, but not muddy, after yesterday's rain. It was fun.


2 comments:
Sad to miss ya! Tis the season for sickies, as Nikka was up all night sick - thereby creating a "no ridey" situation for Dad!
Would have loved to freeze with you, next week for surely....
Hobbit / Ricoh
Nice work Rabbit! Way to get out there. We are all too lazy and wimpy to get out in the cold. That'll change come new year.....its on for Sea Otter!
I am out of town and have only managed to get a couple ~45 min road rides down in the OC, but am ready to get back and get on it! (BTW - We are so spoiled with the riding we have around slo...both road and dirt)
Until then......
Levi
Post a Comment