Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ride Report: Friday, December 12

Clyde and I rolled out at 5:08am from Patricia Dr. The plan was to head up Poly Canyon to Stagecoach to Morning Glory down through Stenner and home. After 2200 ft of climbing in roughly an hour...nice medium pace..I was shifting from big ring to mid ring and snap.....the rear deraileur hanger snapped clean off. We were moments away from the decent of MG...argh! Had to call a co-worker and he graciously agreed to come get us at the top of the grade. What a bummer.

Despite several mishaps with the Enduro, I am loving the bike. Hope to get it back this next week and plan to ride it through February on any and all mountain bike rides.

Memories of the ride:
1. having a pre-ride coffee with Skippy
2. rolling pre-5:10
3. a nice steady pace...were you breathing Skippy?
4. a very quite Enduro (thank you Arts!) until SNAP!
5. seeing Scott Smith out running at 5:15am. He is cross training apparently.
6. the brightest moon i have seen in a long long time
7. getting chain and derailuer out of the spokes and off without any collatoral damage...I think...I hope.
8. the warm truck that picked us up.
9. friday morning rides rock...
10. sorry to hold you back Clyde. thanks for waiting for me.


No comments: