Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ride Report: Saturday, December 13

Spontaneous Saturday morning rides are rare with us. It could be the crazy schedules. Or maybe our family commitments. Kids. Fatigue from the week's activities. Probably all of the above. The point is we rarely head out on Saturday morning rides. I can't remember the last time that 4 of us rolled out on a Saturday after 9:00 for a 3 hour ride.

Got an email from Jeff a little after 8:00 am. The ride call was for LOVR and Foothill at 9:00 am. Met him, Korey, and Tim and rolled north towards Los Osos. Tim said "the pier" somewhere along the way so we ended up rolling to Cayucos. Had a coffee and scone at the turn and headed back. Headed through Morro Bay and did the Turri loop on the way back. Nice to stretch the legs a bit on Turri.

The foursome was great. Jeff kept us in line. Korey was steady eddy. Tim was up to his rabbit tactics as usual. I was giddy to be out with the fellas. Heading back on Foothill I ran into Doc (Scott Morton) on his new "bling my ride". And what do you know...he turned and pulled me back towards Patricia. I have fond memories of him doing that on my first central coast road ride back in 2006.

The week ahead may be a bit wet. Looking forward to hitting it hard during these winter months. Check the blog for ride posts. There will be plenty.

No comments: