Friday, January 2, 2009

Christmas Ride Report from the OC






My family went down south and spent Christmas in Orange County.
A life long buddy of mine, Ryan Damato, and I went out on a couple rides while down there.
The first was on "San Juan Trail" which is in the Ortega's between San Juan Capistrano and Lake Elsinore. The trail is awesome......I would say its a top 10 kind of ride. Its a 19 mile ride that is like shooters, MDO and Madonna all mixed together. Long steady climb that really gets the legs burning and a decent that keeps on going. I highly recommend riding this trail if ever down that way.......only caution is make sure you have someone with you riding the trail for the decent to warn of crazy corners. One who does not know the trail well could easily head off the trail in a bad way if not careful. Ryan is one of the only people I know who will go side sliding into these turns and peddling out of them....he is a crazy!!!!!

The other ride was behind his office in the hills of San Clemente, at the end of Pico. This is a relatively new trail system that gets better every time I'm down there. In part because of the people trying to stop the toll road that will go through there down through Trestles. They figure the more the area is being used , the less likely the toll road goes through.........I'll take it!

Ryan also used to lead the OC chapter of OCBOMB (Believers on mountain bikes), but has now started his own group with similar intentions of ministry on the bike. It is called "Linked" and he hopes to get us to represent on our next kit we get made up......What do you think?

Hope you all had a great Christmas and Happy New Year!
Looking forward to many rides in '09...........


Levi

No comments: