Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Oregon Ride Pics_07.08.09

Levi here......
I have been in Bend, Oregon all week, visiting Ricky Stilson (AKA - Ricdiculous). He is moving to SLO at the end of the month so we are here for a last hurrah visit and to help get them started on the move effort. He will be joining our crew and jumping in to the riding thing....cant wait!
I brought the bikes up and all they have really done is look good in his garage.....until today. Todays ride more than made up for it as I went on the most scenic ride I have ever experienced. There is a huge network of trails just 5 minutes from his house. Here are some pics.......
This is Brian Merrit. Small world........he works at the bike shop about 100 yds away from Ricky's house........He grew up in OC a few miles away from me and knows many of the same people I grew up with. He moved to to help a church plant. Brian was kind enough to be the bike tour guide

This was the first view point about a mile into the ride
Here's the a sample of the trail on the way up
Tumalo Falls.....this is the main fall.....amazingly beautiful setting



The trail crossed the water many times. This one was the biggest crossing log and had a rail. We managed to stay mostly dryOne of the other 14 falls along the trail!!!!


This section of trail rose the heart rate a bitTowards the top......Mt Bachelor in the background. We did get into a couple areas of snow along the way.
Ricky took his first substaintial fall.....love the attitude......he'll fit right in


So one thing is for sure.......altitude hurts!
Another thing for sure.......if you have any thoughts of planning a trip, Bend OR should be a strong consideration. The town is alot like SLO and the scenery is incredible.
Nothing doing tomorrow really, but going fishing on Friday!
Wish I could be involved in the rides/gathering going on there, but not complaining about being here either. Have fun, we'll see you next week.


Levi

1 comment:

Jason and Anna said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
Ok, I am VERY jelous Sean! Those pictures you took of your ride were amazing! Hey, is that a new bike? A Giant? Sweet! It looks like you had a great time and I am glad that you guys enjoyed it in one piece :). Well, I guess if you can´t ride the next best thing is to enjoy mt. biking vicariously. Keep posting pics of the rides you guys go on for those of us who can´t make them.

Chao!

Jason