Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ride Report: 07.29.09

This morning was great. Good to see Tom Israel, Byron Toby, Rick Wolfe and Kevin Christian join the pack today.

Started with 10 to the 41 turnoff. 6 continued up, 4 turned around and did Turri home. Ben is the hero of this group for virtually riding without a seat all the way home.

New guy Kevin just thrashed the rest of us up the 41. Dude is strong! Brian and Todd hung with him the longest, but then he got away from even them.

By the crest, the group was split 4-2. Byron and Tom hung together and established their own pace. Meanwhile, Kevin just kept pushing the rest of us. We went 41 to the freeway then east through a bunch of country roads to Santa Margarita.

The rest of us took turns looking exhausted, but he sure looked unfazed.

I rolled up to my truck at Grace at 9:02. Great ride.

1 comment:

byron said...

Hey Tim,
Great ride and thanks to Tom for staying back to help me home. We had a great time and I can't wait for the next ride. I flatted and we had a verbal warning from a CHP on the hazards of riding on the 41. It is a bit tight on some of the turns. Tom and I made it back about 9:30am.
Byron