Monday, April 28, 2008

Jens makes me nervous and other thoughts

Group speak = Wednesday morning is show / go time.  We're all a bit nervous for our debut with Jens.  He could easily be called "ghost" with this group as I don't believe any of us have ever ridden with him.  "I am Legend" could be the title of his next post.  He truly is a legend.  

On a related note, the Rabbit (another legend) was in true form today.  He nearly ran over a little fawn who was running down the single track squealing for his mother.  The Rabbit smelled blood and was looking for a bit of protein.   

On a personal note, I really enjoyed the ride with Ben out to the Lake this morning.  He was hammering.  We left the house at 4:30 (ahem ...ride start times mean ready to go on the bike). We made it to the Orcutt turn by 4:45, to the Lopez turn by 5:13, and to the Lake gate at 5:34.  

Lancelot (his post is still coming) was awesome this morning.  I'm so encouraged by you Lancelot.  The Round Table was complete.   Attitude is everything.    

6 comments:

Clyde said...

sorry about being a touch late rolex, but definitely feelin the jens jitters and loved the ride out today!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I almost had that juicy little sucker for breakfast. Never heard a dear squeal before. Awesome!

Clyde said...

wow going to hold back any comment on your post tim. btw where are those FT pics?

Chad Theule said...

Hey Skippy - Can you bring some zip ties for our MTB race placards for Wednesday's road ride? Had to be there....

Clyde said...

love you too coach

Clyde said...

ya know what i'm fresh out cuz i just used them all to strap my # to my license plate holder.