So my first crit experience (or any road race for that matter) was fun. What a rush it was bumping bars downtown. I went in to knowing absolutely nothing about it. Coach, being true to his name, was very helpful, calling me while on his camping trip to offer some pointers. I stuck to is advise best I could and great advise it was. Having done somewhere around 10 laps (i think?), I was feeling like the plan was perfect as I heard the "5 laps remaining" call from the booth. I felt great and was ready to rock, hoping I would be in the running for the final sprint. Unfortunately, a lap later, a guy slid out in front of me on the turn that takes you into mission plaza with 4 laps to go, sending me over the bars superman style. Fortunately, I ended up landing square on a hay bail. No injuries and the worst side effect is the allergy flare up for the rest of the day....I'll take it!
-Skippy did well, hanging in there with the main group until the final sprint.
-Jens was looking strong and picked up a Sycamore Hot Springs sprint bonus! How sweet is that, getting to race and bring home that gift cert to the wife!
-Mike Easter represented in OneSource gear in the Pro race. Man are those guys impressive! We figured at the end of his race that they ran at over 30 mph average for the whole race, lasting 75 minutes and covering almost 40 miles. (This info taken from the computer on Mike's bike) All the more impressive was the fact that Mike got ran into with two laps to go, causing his wheel to be bent and brakes rubbing pretty bad, and the guy still finished around 12th we think! This was in a group of guys that included olympians, nation crit champion, a guy that just road in the giro.......and the list goes on! Very entertaining to watch. Thanks for representing Mike!
Ready to do the next crit that comes around........hopefully staying upright!
Levi
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Levi you rocked my man! Super fun! Really wanna practice that pack riding/raceline more and more. Great effort by everyone today for sure!
I thought the Sycamore Hot Springs gift certificate was for the TEAM ONE SOURCE. .........Opps, he did not wear the kit so.....I guess it was for the wife.
Good Job all!
Post a Comment