Wednesday, June 4, 2008

6.4.08 The Wednesday Ride


Beautiful morning for a ride. Rode by the Thule homes and looked for life..none apparent....I guess I will see if they show up. Yes, they did after a pre-ride on Turri for a warm up and they were warm. Perfumo Canyon took five of us over the climb with sweeping views of the valley with clouds retreating back to Morro Bay. A short stop at the top for some fuel then a fast pace through the dirt and up to the top of See Canyon. Rabbit felt the downhill was a little fast and made up for the lag on the flats to Avila Valley.
The road took us to Squire Canyon and over to the Coast. Passing through Pismo we lost Tom and Skippy. Torque pulled us through Price Canyon. I'm not sure if that "Pre-Ride" helped or hindered my staying up, it was a stuggle to stay the wheel.
As we turned on to 227 the wind was picking up and it made the dash back to town more fun for sure.
We found this guy (Photo) who was a great wind block for us.

Keep riding!

Wolfeman

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We officially have a new contributor. Welcome aboard, Wolfman! Now we're waiting for Tom!

This morning's ride was great, but I was suffering out there this morning. Realized its been a while since I've made a big road deposit. Rode hard over the weekend. I know. . . excuses, excuses.

Torque was in prime form. Pulling us all over town. . . into the wind on the way home at close to 25.

Skippy was right there, until he almost tossed his PB&J.

52 year old Wolfeman beat me to the top of Prefumo. I didn't like it one bit. Look for tracks. . . he may be juicing. . . we know he's sneaking.

Tom is getting stronger a crazy downhiller. Right on Chad's wheel down into Sea Canyon at 40+.

Me? Sluggish on the up. . . tentative on the down. . . too many crash pics of late. . . barely hanging on all morning. . . but still it felt good to get out.

It was fun to see Pat McGinty cresting Prefumo at 7:00 by himself. He looked fresh and strong. We'll see if we can't reel him in to join us on some OneSource Group rides.

I'm sure I'm supposed to know who that guy is, but sorry, Wolfeman, I don't! I'm just a hack, remember?

Thanks for posting, Wolfeman. You have been officially added to the contributor's list.

Lefty said...

Rabbit, if I am not mistaken, that is none other than Tom Boonen. Winner of this years Paris Roubex and the green jersey winner in the 2007 Tour de France...just to name 2 of his many victories. To say he's the man does not do him justice.