We'll call it 3.5 ups. I, personally, was ready for more!
It was gorgeous, still and warm out there today, but I'm glad I wore my knee warmers because of all the overgrown brush. A few falls amongst the crew. A few adventures. Lots of sand. Fun to find some new stuff. Skippy was longing for a rear shock on some of it. Lots of wildlife: A deer, lots of RABBITS (my favorite), 3 foxes and a R.O.U.S. (Rodent of Unusual Size, not sure what it was. Looked like a beaver, but that couldn't be.)
3 things I liked about this ride:
1. Middle chainringing all of Barranca for the first time.
2. Knocking my knee so hard that I almost hurled.
3. Blowing both my shocks.
4. Wild Kingdom
Here's some sample pics from the 30 we took this morning available over at the flickr site.




8 comments:
Definitely a fun ride this morning. We missed the rest of you though.
My Favorite things:
1. Breakfast with Tim (Oatmeal concoction) Thanks for prepping Tim!
2. Fellowship
3. New trail (I think thats 5 rides in a row with new terrain!)
4. The beauty of the morning....felt like we were in the Shire (No Hobbit spottings though)
5. Group therapy talk in the car on the way home.
Chad's call for Friday ride.
Go big or go home!!!
Sean
Great ride indeed. My favorite 3 things:
1. The ride out to MDO on the MTB bike
2. The pre-ride to MDO on the MTB bike
3. The relationship building on the pre-ride with Skippy
Torque,
I am truly sorry for the beat down you and Ben received about the ride out there. It was not the right etiquette for us to initiate that conflict. Can we move to resolution?
Levi
P.S. It looked like you were dropped by Ben on the way out?
Its OK Levi, I now realize I was being very selfish and shouldn't have rained on Tim parade. I really wish I could have enjoyed the fellowship a litte more today. Next time I will not interfere with whoever is calling the ride. I feel it is water under the bridge and that we have already moved through the resolution stage while in the car on the way home.
And yes, mini-Sarg is coming into good from much quicker than we all saw coming. I dont think he is invited to my pre-rides anymore.
Sean
anyone else count 4 things under Rabbit's "3 Things I liked about this ride?" Good thing he ain't preachin on Numbers!
Hey Peanut Gallery......(maybe thats your nickname = Peanut).....will you be joining us on the Friday roadie?
Great ride for sure! Almost met Jesus today but ehh it's all gain! Fav part of the ride...
1.getting the guts enough to break the silence on our first up. haha!
2.listening to the guys try to describe the "beaver" "duckbilled platapus" creature.
3.the weather and trails were both awesome, felt like south america!
uh-oh...ya...in for friday
Post a Comment