View Larger MapAfter a day of rest due to rain, we were back in the saddle again. Trip planned was 35 miles, 25 after a grueling 10 mile climb from the lake. Beginning elevation = 3500. Ending = 7000. OUCH! We climbed Beasore, the first 10, then came to Central Camp only to find a muddy dirt road. Unfortunately the map didn't differentiate asphalt from firetrail. Happily (says Cade) we turned around and froze our way down the way we'd come.

Did I mention it was raining off and on, snow covered much of the shoulder, and I cried like a little girl? No offense Esther, Gracie and Lily.

Despite the cold, and the poor visibility (about 50 ft.), the ride was amazing. Some of my thoughts: Thank you God for this majesty. Now I understand the Donner party. Please don't let us get hypothermia. Why do I whine so much? etc.

My first ride with an authentic OneSource cyclist gave me a good view of your new digs. The WHOLE time. Thanks for your patience Sean.

One day, we might all know what "You're frothing at the butt" means.
2 comments:
First off "Happy", you need your own login. Second, the benefits of riding both mtn and road include having both full finger and half finger gloves. Note to others readying...rumor has it that Cade did the snow ride with spring roadie gloves.
I love to see all all the posts over Memorial Day....looking forward to Coach's update as I hear he is riding with a legend or two.
For those of you reading and still in town, Rabbit and I are thinking of a late night preview of Prince Caspian (tonight / Sunday night). Anyone, Anyone?
looks epic, i agree the crew needs to take a trip up there!
Post a Comment