Well, I was late to my own party and forgot a camera as well. The cause.....I spent my weekend getting my garage and underhouse storage organized. Sounds bakwards I know, but somewhere in there I lost my gloves. Therefore, I was late and in the mad scramble this morning, forgot the camera as well. (Thanks for the Grace this morning Tim & Chad, sorry to hold you up) Good thing it was pretty calm and warm this morning though, so no big deal.
So we paced pretty mellow up and around the ring, then up hurl hill, back to the fireroad. At that point we stopped, packed up our lights and turned it up for the TT climb to the top. We have used this in the past as a training marker for climbing progress. I set a personal best today and Tim was right on my heels....good show Tim! Chad didnt even try today and he was right behind Tim too. We then decended down and I cut out. Chad and Tim went for one more loop around the ring before calling it a day.
Things I learned today:
1. Kinda new this already, but it really sunk in today.....We are REALLY blessed to have such a close/convenient ride like this. Such a great ride!
2. There has been an unofficial board meeting within the OneSource core and the result = no more Rock Garden unless during full sunlight. (Risk Management)
3. Chad can not even try and sill be right there......sickening.....kinda knew this already too!
4. Tim is more concerned about his heart rate than time. Explanation please?
5. Tim has a freakish ability to resist leg pain after big rides. Chad and my legs were still hurting today from Fridays Santa Rosa ride. Tim does not experience after ride soreness. How can this be?
I did take a pic from my phone, but having issues getting it to send.....will post later if can figure it out.
Doc, you're up! Where we headed Wednesday morning?
Sean (Levi) Cheney
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Great ride Levi. Tim - good showing indeed. I was hurting on the TT and I was definitely trying. Wasn't ready for that call.
I ate like do-do yesterday and felt that today. Went one more up with Tim and then back down, around, lemon grove, and up again solo . Road home on the road from Laguna side.
Was thinking of I Cor. 10:31 all morning, "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
Truth be told, I was on Chad's S-Works Epic this morning, which explains my TT. Its all about the bike for me. But that doesn't explain Levi's quicky on his heavy Enduro.
My legs didn't hurt this morning, but I did 25 less that you guys on Friday and missed the Santa Rosa climb. I wasn't quite right mentally this morning after an emotional and full weekend. Never quite right on Mondays. My best rides are Wednesday and Friday.
My legs have not been hurting, but they sure hurt the month leading up to the Otter, as Chad can attest. I think its just the plateau thing. You guys are just hitting a little ceiling. Keep pushing and you'll push through it. I'll hit another ceiling, too.
I'm trying to mash harder gears to increase my leg strength. Levi and Tork are clearly much stronger than me still. I'm still a few steps back, but, for now, progressing steadily. Not bad for an old guy. I just panic when I think I might have to miss a ride. I have to be consistent.
Regarding the HR monitor. Love it. Hit a new max of 177 today. Feel like a I could go forever in the 150s and below.
I'd love Jens, Coach or Peanut to log in on the HR stuff. I'd also be interested in a private consultation.
Levi, can you post the one pic you took this morning with your crackberry?
Saw some Rabbits and chased some cows this morning!
Tork, thanks for loaning me your nice bike. I tried real hard not to fall.
It's Lefty Rabbit...Lefty...peanut is dead...
sounds like a great ride! midterm went well this morning and i'm lookin forward to possibly getting the ok to ride on Wed from Jens and his associates. Sorry that i couldn't do the 3ups with ya Tork.
Nicknames are a fluid concept, Lefty. . . Peanut could just hang around for awhile. Just ask Witch, Tork, Sarg, Sharpie.
Oh yeah, Doc says his day off is Friday this week, not Wednesday, so someone else is going to have to take Wednesday. . .
I can lead on Wed am.
6:00 am
Leave at Mission and Broad.
Up the grade, atascadero, back 41 to coast and home.
The Atascadero 50, a classic ride.
Should take around 2.5 hrs.
Let me know if that sounds good.
Jens
Great! Thanks for jumping in Jens. Sounds like a fun ride. Can you make an official ride post for this.
Chad is here next to me and he is excited about the ride too. We'll see you then.
Nice bros. Miss you, Hopefully I'll be released soon.
Post a Comment