We had an epic first moonlight ride on Monday night. Those present included Skippy, Levi, Rabbit, Torque, and Iceman (a.k.a. Jason Evangelista). Read on for how Jason got his first nickname.
We set out at 9:45 as planned and Skippy caught us as we pedaled slowly up the Canyon (except Rabbit of course). Yes, Rabbit was in full form as he was "feelin' it". We rode most of Poly Canyon and Stagecoach sans lights - just moonlight to show the way. It was awesome to be out there.
After setting a nice pace up Stagecoach we proceeded to the top of Shooters and then down. Skippy was without any lights at this point. I think he went down from the looks of the blood but he was pretty hush hush about it. We proceeded down Stenner, through downtown, to the base of San Luis Mountain. It was just past midnight at that point. We played "tilt" all the way up and this is where Jason picked up "Iceman". He is a hard guy to get to dab (touch down) when playing tilt. We'll see if that name sticks.
Rabbit told me it was 24 miles or so. Not bad for a night ride. I felt pretty beat up yesterday and recovered with a good night sleep last night. Hopefully this post makes it up before Rabbit's post re: this mornings ride (Wednesday). Steve, we are still waiting for your ride recap.
Pictures to follow if they turned out???
What is everyone doing for Memorial Day weekend?
P.S. Next full moon is Wednesday, June 18th. Mark it in the schedule. We are riding.
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This ride was great! Good call Sargent Torque. Im in again for the next one for sure. It was great having "Derby"(aka Iceman.....he was full contact tilt) out there as well. I'll miss this coming Friday and Monday rides, but Cade and I will be riding up in Bass Lake. We will post from up there.
This was a great ride! I loved the change-up and doing something different. We definitely need to do this again.
Enjoyed the moonlight. I was bummed when the fog rolled into SLO. . . light and temperature both dropped.
Lots of rabbits out in the moonlight!
It was great to have Jason out there with us. Always good to have new riders. Jason was a helpful and encouraging coach of mine in an earlier season of MTB in my life. It was a bit nostalgic to have him out there. Its been too long . . .
I WAS feeling really good on this ride. My best climb yet up Stage Coach. (Past mental block related to Stage Coach. Bad memories of a rainy, muddy, still out of shape ride.)
We had to twist Skippy's arm to make the Madonna climb. It didn't take much. Just Sarg barking an order. Granted, Skippy didn't have a light at the point, but we stuck him in the pack and all went lightless for most of the climb.
Classic line of the night. . . Skippy under his breath to Jason when they are getting talked into finishing this ride. . .
"And so the madness continues..."
Its true! Most people I talk to think we're nuts. At least we're nuts together!
fun ride, learned to double, triple check my light.
Thanks guys for an awesome ride! It was great to be finally able to get out and ride with you guys (being that I start work too early to make morning rides). I was thoroughly impressed by the riding strength and skill that I witnessed. Ben...er I mean "Skippy" has improved so fast in such a short amount of time I'm in awe. The same goes with Tim. He's hardly the same guy that I rode with back in the day and its not just the sweet lookin' bike! Good job old timer :). It goes to show that even soon to be senior citizens can work us young guys! And Sean and Chad are...hmm...all the positive adjectives available make me somewhat stumped on what to say. Hmmm...how about really good? Too simple? Anyways, it was sweet and it makes me all the more bummed that I can't make it out there with you guys more often. Way to go studly-motly crew!
Oh, and I'm in for a ride this weekend if there is one going on!
Post a Comment