Sunday, May 25, 2008

What was i thinking? and Mountain Option for tomorrow!

So here's how the story goes... I'm hangin with my fam and extended fam celebrating my sisters graduation from Cuesta Friday night and during the festivities I get a text from Iceman at 9:45 setting up a ride for Saturday, we had planned this so i was in, love riding with him!!! Then at 9:57 Torque text with this ride plan sayin he wants to do turri to old creek to the 46. So at this point i'm in with Iceman and i'm thinking ok 10am ride with iceman... i could probably pull off about 40miles up old creek down to the 46 and then back... so i committed to that ride too, thinking that Torque didn't mean to go all the way out 46 to Cambria and then back on the 1. Sooo anywhoo wake up roll out with Torque end up goin 80miles averaging 21.5ish with a lame-o head wind comin back on the 1. I get to Chad's at like 9:30, text Iceman reschedule for 10:30, ride to my apartment, shower, put the kit back on, grab the mountain bike and head over to meet Iceman at 10:30. I ate 3.5 poptarts on the way over and we rolled out and went out poly canyon, up shooters, down rollercoaster/hike your bike!, and out poly canyon and back to Iceman's place, 20miles. So at this point i'm so out of breath i was taking half breaths for like an hour afterword, felt like i was dying. Took another shower at my parents place and then bailed hay for 2hrs with my pop after a 20min nap.
Lesson learned, don't be dumb and say yes to Torque at 10pm when you already have a ride scheduled!!!
TOMORROW! Have fun on the road ride, if you wanna go mountain then CHECK THIS OUT!!!
Iceman and I are hittin up a new killer trail out at Dairy Creek that starts up by Pick and Shovel and ends out near the Dairy Creek Golf Course. Weezy from Arts says it is one of his favorite trails and I'm stoked to check it out! If you wanna ride we'll be rollin out from the Poultry Unit at 10. Hope to seeya there!
skip

No comments: