Wednesday, May 21, 2008

just da bruthas
Wednesday, 05.21.08 Ride Report


Torque just before the Morning Glory climb
about 5:45 or so, notice the moon in the background

It was just da bruthas this morning for the climb up through Stenner, then up Morning Glory and then Shooters.

I was tired after 4 cardio days in a row after 5 in a row last week and only a day of rest in 10. It is time for some recovery. It was still good to "show up", keep the consistency going and get it done. Chad was definitely feeling a whole lot better than I. I just let him go. . .

Morning Glory is a beast! It's long and technical. Done it before, but neither Chad or I cleaned it today. I think this is one "ride from the house" SLO trail that is yet unconquered by the crew. I think we need to keep riding it. . . regularly. I want to learn to clean it. . . but probably most realistic with a set of new tires (I'm about due!)

The downhill was also long and fun on the Enduros. My new shocks were feeling puuurrrfect. My hands were starting to ache by the bottom.

By this time, I was finally starting to feel warmed up and middle ringed Shooters. . . . maybe for the first time. I can't remember. Down to the railroad tracks and then over to Poly Canyon and down the fire road. Niether Chad or I could remember going straight down . . . we usually go the single track along the other side. The fire road was fast and fun. Home by 7:40.

About 19.5 in all, but half was climbing. Several deer. Windy at the top of the grade, but otherwise warm and gorgeous (right, Skippy!).

Not sure where everybody was this morning, but you missed a great ride. . . . thanks, Chad, for being there. See you Friday. . . for the roadie!

1 comment:

Clyde said...

haha hands hurt! C'mon enduro plussshhhh travel man. i was sleeping, tending to my cut and doin some sweet metabolism hwk. sorry i missed out!