Wednesday, May 7, 2008

SCNCA Masters Road Race Championships

Jens will be competing this weekend in lovely Bakersfield in the SoCal District/State Masters Championship RR. Should be quite a challenging affair. I will be riding in the open 45+ race. Expect stiff competition including participation by the current national and world master champion.... Thurlow Rodgers.
The course will be tough with a significant climb, rollers and some flats where the wind should blow. Last year I finished middle of the pack on a course with more power climbs which suit me better. I'll have one teammate, hopefully we can involve some tactics but it probably will be survival mode. Amgen has a masters team that is very high power and should be there in force. Most of the riders are previous national team caliber riders. There is a fun link with a course profile. Although I will be representing Rock Solid Cycling, OneSource is with me in mind and spirit. Full race report to follow.

Ciao



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jens - go hard and leave it all out there on the course. Wish I could be there. Maybe later this year you can take a few of us rookies to a road race.

The youtube link is awesome...Bako looks like Bako. Watch out for that cattle grate.

Torque

Jeff Martin said...

Give that grey haired irratically pedalling old pro (Thurlow) a woopin!

Enjoy the race and good luck. My cousin Mike Easter will be there in the masters 35+ and Pro 1/2 in the Time Factory Team kit. He won the masters last year and just hung on for his life in the Pro 1/2. Introduce yourself if you see him. You may end up racing against his team mate Mark Noble.

I wish you luck friend and stay safe.

Levi said...

Rock it slodoc! Definitely let us know how it goes. Will you be joining us next at all week? Would be great to have you again! Have fun!

Clyde said...

Hope it goes great! Go big on those climbs!