rode the bike to swim classes when @ Poly. late to class @ 8 am one morning and sprawled it on perimeter drive right smack in front of the health center! A nice looking gal walks up and asks if I'm OK as I lay prone in the gutter -- I have no idea how I responded. Spent 2 hours in the health center that morning taking gravel pieces out of my palms, hips and knees
At about 12 years old I got the golden nugget of bikes for a kid of that age.....the "Elf". It was a skinny cross bread of bmx and road bike, meant for dirt track racing. As I was riding home from school one day, bombing the big hill by my parents house at probably around 35mph or so, I ventured out into the main lanes to make a big sweeping turn into my parents street. As I took one last look over my shoulder to make sure no cars were there, I hit a reflector and was on the ground skipping like a rock. I left a good amount of myself on the road that day and the recovery was miserable. Almost every joint on my body was raw and I was a walking gauze pad for the next week. I hope none of us are ever in this condition!
The core of One Source Cycling is a bunch of buddies on the Central Coast of California who like to ride . . . some mountain, some road, most both. Some of us have been riding for years, some just for a few months. We spur each other on, give one another a hard time, race once in a while, but always have a good time. We try and ride at least every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and almost always in the morning.
We'd love to have you join us!
Contributors . . . so far!
Lance "Pantz" Cambell, age 40
Sean "Levi" Cheney, age 33
Ben "Clyde" Collins, age 21
Mark "Hobbit" Ernstrom, age 32
David "Jens" Leece, age 50
Jeff "Coach" Martin, age 41
Scott "Doc" Morton age 51
Cade "Crash" Newman, age 37
Chad "Torque" Theule, age 37
Tim "Rabbit" Theule, age 42
Rick "Wolfeman" Wolfe, age 52
Dave "El Jefe" O'Brien
Tyler "The Future" O'Brien
Steve "P-Steve" Leonard
2 comments:
rode the bike to swim classes when @ Poly. late to class @ 8 am one morning and sprawled it on perimeter drive right smack in front of the health center! A nice looking gal walks up and asks if I'm OK as I lay prone in the gutter -- I have no idea how I responded. Spent 2 hours in the health center that morning taking gravel pieces out of my palms, hips and knees
At about 12 years old I got the golden nugget of bikes for a kid of that age.....the "Elf". It was a skinny cross bread of bmx and road bike, meant for dirt track racing. As I was riding home from school one day, bombing the big hill by my parents house at probably around 35mph or so, I ventured out into the main lanes to make a big sweeping turn into my parents street. As I took one last look over my shoulder to make sure no cars were there, I hit a reflector and was on the ground skipping like a rock. I left a good amount of myself on the road that day and the recovery was miserable. Almost every joint on my body was raw and I was a walking gauze pad for the next week. I hope none of us are ever in this condition!
Post a Comment