Sunday, May 25, 2008

Goat Mountain

Hey boys....reporting from Bass Lake.
The Newmans (Cade, Joy and family) have joined us for the weekend and Cade and I are trying to get some riding in. Its proving to be a challenge as it has been raining pretty much the whole time. Still incredibly beautiful up here though! Below are some pictures of the one mtb ride we were able to get in on day one (Goat Mountain) just before it started coming down. Cade was very strong and had me gasping for air at the top. It was a fun ride and was great to get a roadie out on the dirt. Cade's highlight was getting to watch me take two over the bars falls that he said he's "only seen something like that on youtube before!"
Unfortunately, we will not be able to get out on the 007 trail , which is a major bummer as it is at the top of my favorites list for sure!
We are headed out today for a road ride in the rain. There is a climb close by that looks pretty tough and we are aching to get a burn going somewhere somehow.........will be interesting. We'll post about it afterwards.
Here is the climb on the road from the lake to the fire road. Cade made some type of comment like......"come on Sean! Every climb is a race!"
The fire road climb. Similar to Madonna, only a little longer and a little tougher.Cade wondering why I am going so slow?

Here's Cade dropping into the single track at the top of Goat Mountain.
There are lots of sweet tunnel sections on the way down. The top has some pretty technical sections, the bottom half is fast as the ground is packed pine needles(as you see here).

Kickin it in the tub with the kiddos after we got back to the house. Doesnt get much better than this on a Friday afternoon!

Levi

2 comments:

Carrie Haughey said...

Hey there guys, and girls? Just wondering if you could make a post or sidebar that clarifies who is who with all these nicknames floating around. I mean, I know who you all are, but when you refer to your nicknames, I get all turned around!!

I am way impressed with all you guys. I wish I had the stamina and determination to do what you do!! and maybe the money for a slightly better bike, I think that would help a bunch! :0) Maybe someday...

Anonymous said...

Sidebar is there already, Carrie.

Cade, you're looking good on that mountain bike. How'd you like it?