Spent time with my brother last weekend in my youthful stomping grounds - Santa Clarita, CA. Two days filled with moderate riding and family time with the wife and kids at the pool. Saturday was Spunky Canyon or Green Valley as some call it. Sure lefty has enjoyed this path before. The other ride on Sunday was some un-named single track that was built by the MTB R&D folks of the area. A blast together for sure. Cycling has been quite the bond time for Sean and I for almost two decades! Really enjoyed some social riding with my brother Sean AKA Turbo Deisel. Sean has this big engine and can turn big gears and motor at high speeds for a long time. He was easy that day and happy for that... No pics on Sunday and wished I had the camera to show you some of the climbs (relentless). Also, picked up a horned toad which I have not seen in over 20 years. Crazy.
A few picks of the Spunky Canyon Ride:
Turbo deisel heading out. Uncharacteristically cool sub 60 degree day.
No too far from Seans house you can get into big mountains. This route was the more moderate of choices. Miss the big mountains.

Yours truly on the first major pitch at the falls...

Sean on the last climb before the descent...
Mid Ride at the stop - Spunky Canyon Market. On normal ride days, you could clean both bottles by this point from 100 degree heat...
Thanks for letting me share guys.
4 comments:
You get big points for sportin' the kit. Torque and Levi give gift cards to Art's when the kit shows up in cities around the world.
Doc, you got any kit pics from France? I know you didn't ride, but you could have still donned the kit and gone for a strut.
Spent many an hour on the spunky canyon loop! Did you go all the way around, back down bouquet? Thats a great ride with some really good climbs!
Full loop Bouquet up and San Fran down. I'm more accustom to the opposite direction. Have you ever done the switches just before the pipes on the LADWP Property?
Many others to share: Little T, Big T, Camp 9, Soledad, Ridge Route, Simi Ride, Placerita, and more than I can count. What was your favorite down there?
Did Big T from Valencia in February for the last stage of the ToC and it was a bit of a brute. For some reason I went flat that day and could not elevate my HR past 160 until we crested the first couple of climbs. Finally it came back and was able to hook back into the group for the last 3 climbs before the descent into Pasadena.
We should share some notes some time.
I can tell TD wants to be sporting the kit......check out the OS blue shoe covers!
Post a Comment